Situated in an ideal location, the Anjum Hotel Makkah provides guests with breath-taking views of the Holy Haram, and direct, private, air-conditioned access to the new gate of King Abdullah, Custodian of the two Holy Mosques. With an expert management team whose vast combined experience has been gained with the world’s leading hotel brands, Anjum is set to deliver international-standard hospitality – with a strong spiritual ethos that informs how we operate at every level.
About the role
The Assistant Chef works as a member of the team under the direction and supervision of the Chef to help prepare meals and keep the food storage areas clean. Most team members help to some degree with dish washing, but the Assistant Chef takes a leading role in this duty, as well as all other cleaning/sanitizing jobs in the kitchen. Under direction of the Chef, the Assistant Chef is responsible for preparing and baking fresh breads and pastries and may be assigned a variety of other responsibilities such as developing menus or even creating main courses, depending upon experience and skill.
- Support and supervise the pastry team to ensure a smooth and efficient service.
- Oversee the preparation and production of all items needed for the pastry department.
- Lead and inspire the pastry team, including motivating training, and performance management.
- Work closely with the Head Pastry Chef on recipe testing and menu development.
- Ensure the highest standards are maintained at all times.
- Assist with inventory management and purchasing for the pastry department.
- Collaborate with the Dining Room team to create memorable dining experiences for guests.
- Be an expert in Indonesian cuisine
- Minimum of 12 years restaurant/hotel or banquet cooking experience in position of responsibility such as prep cook, line cook, or Sous chef. Knowledge of gourmet foods and specialty dishes preferred, and experience in baking a must
- A broad range of pastry experience, including viennoisserie, chocolate, bread baking, and frozen desserts.
- Ability to read and follow recipes and standards as well as develop recipes for new menu items.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skill
- Capable of teaching, mentoring, and inspiring a team.
- Ability to work under pressure with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team.
How to apply
Applications can be made directly by sending a copy of your CV to Mr. Masrur Hoque: [email protected]
. . . . . . . . . For Employer, Posting your jobs here : http://www.jobs.hotelier-indonesia.com/p/posting.html HHRMA Member is free to send posting unlimited