Property/Hotel Name*: Anjum Hotel
Property/Hotel Address*: Umm Al Qura Street
At Taysir, 21955 Makkah
Web Site: https://anjumhotels.com/
Email: [email protected]
Assistant Cook (Indonesian Cuisine)
Situated in an ideal location, the Anjum Hotel Makkah provides guests with breath-taking views of the Holy Haram, and direct, private, air-conditioned access to the new gate of King Abdullah, Custodian of the two Holy Mosques. With an expert management team whose vast combined experience has been gained with the world’s leading hotel brands, Anjum is set to deliver international-standard hospitality – with a strong spiritual ethos that informs how we operate at every level.
About the role
The Assistant Chef works as a member of the team under the direction and supervision of the Chef to help prepare meals and keep the food storage areas clean. Most team members help to some degree with dish washing, but the Assistant Chef takes a leading role in this duty, as well as all other cleaning/sanitizing jobs in the kitchen. Under direction of the Chef, the Assistant Chef is responsible for preparing and baking fresh breads and pastries and may be assigned a variety of other responsibilities such as developing menus or even creating main courses, depending upon experience and skill.
•Work with the Chef to coordinate and carry out the preparation of all meals (i.e., breakfast, lunch, and dinner – including appetizers desserts and occasional hot snacks.)
• Typically, the Assistant Chef is responsible for early morning preparation of breakfast pastries such as coffee cakes or muffins, but such assignments vary, and are entirely at the Chef’s discretion.
• Help the Chef prepare meals using a variety of normal kitchen tools, as well as appliances such as food processors, mixers, blenders, ovens, ranges and grills.
• Help plate meals for guests and, on occasion, help arrange sack lunches for guests planning extended outings.
• Ensure healthful foods are available for crew during turnaround times in port.
• Rinse and clean dishes, pots, pans and utensils. Store in cupboards, drawers and bins.
• Help maintain all cooking items and service items in orderly and absolutely sanitary condition according to good health-keeping practices, government regulations, etc.
• Regularly clean and sanitize walls, range hood, overheads, cabinet faces, reefer and freezer interiors, and cabinet interiors.
• At least once per day clean and sanitize work surfaces, reach-in cooler doors, range surfaces and floor. Launder dish-drying cloths and aprons. Ensure cleaning materials are stocked.
• Whenever necessary, assist Stewards with bussing and cleaning dining area after meals.
• Upon direction from supervisor or Captain, undertake other duties such as cleaning/storing sport caught fish, handling lines or fenders upon entering or leaving port, assisting with greeting or sending-off guests, helping with luggage, etc.
• Be an expert in Indonesian cuisine
• Minimum of 12 years restaurant/hotel or banquet cooking experience in position of responsibility such as prep cook, line cook, or Sous chef. Knowledge of gourmet foods and specialty dishes preferred, and experience in baking a must
• Must be team-spirited, and capable of living and working in close-quarters for long periods of time with other crew members
• Must have sufficiently acute hearing, eyesight and depth perception to meet the demands of at-sea service. Must be capable of using escape hatches and boarding /disembarking survival craft unassisted
How to apply
Applications can be made directly by sending a copy of your CV to Mr. Masrur Hoque: [email protected]
HRD Name*: Masrur Hoque
Phone*: +44 (0) 7583 096990
Email: [email protected]
Jobs Posting Membership : Free 1 post/month
Your Company Logo URL*: https://anjumhotels.com/